[Dbix-class] [RFC] Improved update() for Ordered

Brian Kirkbride brian.kirkbride at deeperbydesign.com
Tue Jul 4 19:54:15 CEST 2006

Hello all,

There's a new branch "ordered_handle_updates" that adds some
functionality to the DBIx::Class::Ordered component.

Firstly, there is a new move_to_group() method as detailed
in a previous post to the list.  But far more interestingly,
there is now support for reordering and moving between
groups *implicitly* by overloading the update() method.

Any comments/criticism would be greatly appreciated, as I am
a little green when it comes to Class::C3 method dispatch.
The move_to and move_to_group methods need to bypass the
overloaded update() but I couldn't see a way to do that short
of a flag in the object instance.

I've attached the code portion of the patch for convenience.

Best,
Brian Kirkbride