[Dbix-class] last insert id problem with Oracle

Anthony Lincoln ahlincoln at lbl.gov
Sat Jul 8 00:46:37 CEST 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Anthony Lincoln wrote:
>
>>Nope, no luck.  Autoincrement works fine with/without quoted $id, but I
>>still get left with no $change->id.  I just upgraded to DBI 1.51, so I'm
>>pretty sure it's not a version issue.
>

> Are you going to show us the rest of the code at some point? I mean, I could
> use my psionic powers to magically figure out what's in your DBIC classes but
> that's a commercial service only :)

Fair enough.  Here's the offending snippet, and let me know if you need
more.  Like I said, the insert and autoincrement works fine; it's just
the id that isn't there.  But I can view a list of items afterward,
select the change I just made, and edit it no problem.

             my $change = $model->update_or_create({
                 ID => $id,
                 owner => $user_id,
                 name => $hash{name},
                 prereq_id => $hash{prereq_id},
                 dependent => $hash{dependent},
                 description => $hash{description},
                 backout_plan => $hash{backout_plan},
                 visibility => $hash{visibility},
                 risk => $hash{risk},
                 sys_criticality => $hash{sys_criticality},
                 sys_affected => $hash{sys_affected},
                 qa_difficulty => $hash{qa_difficulty},
                 install_difficulty => $hash{install_difficulty},
                 problem_visibility => $hash{problem_visibility},
                 completed => $hash{completed},
                 creator => $creator,
             },{ key => 'primary' }
             );