[Dbix-class] RFC: Possibly cleaner output for DBIC::Schema::Loader dumps

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Fri Jul 21 22:46:04 CEST 2006

* Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> [2006-07-21 18:25]:
> Start mucking about with "$pkg = __PACKAGE__" in code you're
> generating for $joe_random_user, and I bet we end up with a bug
> report that gets tracked down to the guy changing $pkg halfway
> down the file or something, or we get people confused as to why
> the idiom is being done differently, and wondering what magic
> is going on behind the curtains, etc.

As opposed to the bug reports or puzzled questions when someone
says `$foo{ __PACKAGE__ } = $bar` and wonders why it didn’t do
what they expected.

I hate that thing. It’s not a variable, it’s not a function, it’s
not any other kind of first-class language object, it’s just some
sort of magic special parser token that behaves like nothing else
in the entire language.

Regards,
--
Aristotle
“Look, my bald yak has almost finished repainting that shed!”