[Dbix-class] Advise

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 20:10:58 CEST 2006

On 7/24/06, Duncan J Ferguson <duncan_j_ferguson at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Its an oracle database which I have no control over.  I may be able to
> get some views created for me (if I speak nicely to our DBA's), but
> doesnt that still leave the problem of the primary keys?  Can you have
> primary keys on views like that?

Technically, its a bit difficult in a cross-platform way to detect
primary or unique constraints that apply to VIEWs (as they don't
really have keys themselves).  But if you happen to know that a
certain field in the VIEW uniquely identifies rows in that view,
there's nothing stopping you from telling DBIC that the VIEW has that
field as a primary key.

-- Brandon