[Dbix-class] InflateColumn::DateTime

Dan Horne dan.horne at redbone.co.nz
Wed Jun 7 22:22:09 CEST 2006

> On Behalf Of Matt S Trout=
> Subject: Re: [Dbix-class] InflateColumn::DateTime
>
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> > Can someone give me a quick synopsis of how this works.
> >
> > It looks like it's always loaded, and only intervenes when it sees a
> > column_info data_type of 'datetime'.
>
> It's not always loaded, you have to ask for it. Yeah, all it does is
> intervene in the case of a register_column call for a datetime.

Actually, this is something that I've been meaning to raise, but I've been
beaten to it. Oracle has no concept of a datetime data type, it just has
date.

Now, I could just declare date columns as datetime columns in the table
class, but this seems to contravene the approach specified in the
DBIx::Class::ResultSource doco:

"Currently there is no standard set of values for the data_type. Use
whatever your database supports."

Now I guess that we could provide a method in
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::<DB> that returns the DB-specific date data type,
but will that start adding too much overhead?

Dan