[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader limitations

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:15:13 CEST 2006

Hi

we've been happily using the loader on our budding cat project for a
while now. However, we haven't really been using the more powerful
features of DBIx yet, particularly not the relationships.

The db is growing, now we have quite a few tables, 1-many, many-many
via link tables, and so on.

Is this the point where we should start manually defining
relationships and throw away Loader? Or will Loader automatically
detect and define realationships for us? What are the pros/cons of
each method? (Apart from Loader's obvious niceness in not having to
define things manually ...)

thanks. BTW, I find this very impressive stuiff. Not having to write
sql for this stuff? woooo ... !

Daniel

--
Daniel McBrearty