[Dbix-class] Schema export

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Mar 2 14:18:31 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 11:30:17AM +0100, Bernhard Graf wrote:
> Jonas Alves wrote:
> > I think sqlt isn't prepared to handle DBIC. I patched it this way.
>
> > So now you just need to do:
> > sqlt --from SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class \
> >       --to MySQL --schema My::Schema
> >
> > Maybe there is another way but this works for me.
>
> Can Matt or someone else shed light on this...?

The sqlt command line tool is a bit weird about what arguments it'll take;
I think Jess Robinson's done some fixups to sqlfairy CVS that'll be in the
next release.

Meantime, loading your schema and calling $schema->deploy(); to populate an
empty database or

print $schema->storage->deployment_statements($schema);

to spit the CREATE TABLE statements to STDOUT should work fine on the
-current branch.