[Dbix-class] "Foo" I curse you

Maurice Height mauriceh at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 6 15:10:13 CET 2006

As raised earlier by Andrew Main on this list, I think "Foo" examples in
documentation badly need to be replaced by examples that the rest of us
can more easily relate to.  Of course, my abstract thinking skills might be
poor, but in any case, "Foo" is just too abstract and lacking in context to
enhance explanations within the documentation.  In particular for database
modules, I think real world examples of databases such as Music (Artist, CD,
etc) or Book (Author, Publisher etc) would greatly assist in clarifying how
classes based on DBIx::Class are to be used.  Class-DBI has made good use of
the Music database concept and it would have the advantage of being familiar
to anyone switching from Class::DBI to DBIx::Class.

Many thanks to all those gurus contributing to DBIC and Catalyst.
Please keep up the good work!

Maurice