[Dbix-class] Catalyst Schema::Loader example?

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Sat Mar 11 16:11:58 CET 2006

Brandon (or anyone else),

Can someone please post a Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema-based sample
application? I got the new Schema::Loader to work on its own, but not
under Catalyst so far.

The Helpers are not helping much - it was not obvious, for example, that
I need to use either of Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema or
Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader, but not both.

Also, it seems that the Helpers are creating an additional Schema class
for each model class, duplicating the connection information in each of
them (unless I completely misunderstand their usage).

So, a working example that has a controller retrieve a model from the
database would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."

		         Henri Bergson