[Dbix-class] RFC: Syntactic sugar

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Mar 29 14:06:03 CEST 2006

Somebody posted a proposal (and an evil Want hack as a possible
implementation) for a neat bit of syntax, but (1) it's attached to an old
thread, (2) it didn't particularly define what the syntax would do.

But it's got me thinking about extra sugar again; we've now mostly got a core
I'm happy to see serious sugar built on top of (all automagic and no
primitives to fall back to was one of my great problems customising CDBI,
hence my worrying about getting the basics right more than anything else
recently).

So, what things are you doing with DBIx::Class that works but where the syntax
is clumsier or more verbose than they'd like, and what would your ideal
interface to these things be? Lets get a discussion going (but stick to
syntax, not implementation please; we'll figure out how to implement it once
we've decided what we're actually trying to implement :)