[Dbix-class] RFC: Documentation/manual improvements

Richard Jolly Richard.Jolly at bbc.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 16:02:19 CEST 2006

Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Sent: 29 March 2006 13:39
> To: dbix-class at lists.rawmode.org
> Subject: Re: [Dbix-class] RFC: Documentation/manual improvements
>
> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 13:13 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > A more interesting question is - what took you a while to get your
> > head round conceptually, and what features did you find incredibly
> > useful once you were using them but hard to get up and
> working in the first place?
>
> The biggest problem for me has been (and still is) getting a
> handle on how all the various classes hook together.  What I
> would really like is some form of diagram showing the links.

A related request, perhaps. I'd really like a simple reprentation of a
typical file/class layout. My current tree looks like:

MyApp/Schema.pm
MyApp/Schema/Foo.pm
MyApp/Schema/*.pm           # one for each table
MyApp/ResultSet/Foo.pm      #
MyApp/ResultSet/*.pm        # only for resultsets that have custom
searches
MyApp/Foo.pm
MyApp/*.pm                  # only for row objects that have custom
methods

This seems to work. But it took me _ages_ to figure this out, and I've
lingering doubts about whether it is correct.

Secondly, the Glossary is fantastic - but needs expansion.

Thanks,

Richard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.