[Dbix-class] Auto-joins

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 18:38:41 CEST 2006

On 3/30/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> >> SQL::Abstract is not modular enough... Please join me on irc at
> >> around 18:00 GMT as I'm suffering from this too and want to fix it
> >> =)
>
> Right. I made this sort-of work in Sweet, but it was a nasty, fragile hack
> (including the fine joy of regexing the generated SQL afterwards because it
> didn't provide me anywhere at all to hook the key part of IS NULL clauses).
> I've politely refused to visit anything that horrific on the DBIC internals,
> on the grounds that a little extra typing is a lot better than flaky automagic.

Ok, I admittedly haven't looked at the internals so this could be
completely non-sense but shouldn't SQL::Abstract be responsible only
for generating the actual SQL? DBIx::Class should do the auto-joining
and pass SQL::Abstract the appropriate parameters. I really can't
understand why such hacks were needed. Maybe I'll have to read some
code to understand it.

As for the IRC invitation, I don't know if I'll be able to be there.
But I'll try.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.