[Dbix-class] Accessing $dbh for blobs/large-objects

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 11:25:31 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've only been using this toolkit for about a week,
but I am also running Postgres8.1 and had had no
trouble accessing BLOB type fields using a bytea data
type and the normal DBIx accessors, like
$"result_row->blob".  However I haven't tried to store
megabytes of stuff yet.  So I think it 'just works'
the way you might hope, although I am sure someone
with more experience on the system will have more
informed thoughts than I.

-john

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/DBIx-Class/