[Dbix-class] Proposed DBIx::Class::Validate Changes

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun May 14 18:11:33 CEST 2006

Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> Right, mostly because if we're going to look at supporting more than one
>> validator etc. we'll want to be providing them as extra classes and it's
>> going to start getting a bit cluttered. UUIDColumns is scheduled to move
>> external as well (I think tkp's been looking at that) for the same reason.
>
> If he doesn't get around to it, let me know and I'll separate
> UUIDColumns. I'm already using it outside of schemas to replace all of
> the uuid-finder logic I had in Handel.

I think the idea was for him to come kick you for help when he got stuck :)

Plus tkp has another column generator component of some sort so I was
hoping we could have some sort of auto-generated-columns thingy that
lives in core which UUIDColumns, MD5Columns, RandomStringColumns and
whatever else people want can just hook into.