[Dbix-class] ENUM values from MySQL using the column_info()

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon May 15 18:28:38 CEST 2006

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The reason I was against to code even a bit more than some basic rules
> is that I wanted adding the new column info fields, and or other
> databases (not covered by the current two cases) to be simple so that
> people would continue the work.   Perhaps I should not fear the
> complexity so much or try to shift it to one place.  But still this
> whole issue is pretty idiosyncrastic and I would not consider
> case-insensitivity as a 'design error', but rather as a common ground
> for all the databases.

Some databases are case-sensitive. Somewhere, out there, somebody will
be stuck with a legacy schema that uses this fact in stupid and horrific
ways. I still want them to be able to use DBIx::Class, and I still want
them to be able to take advantage of columns_info_for and any code that
depends on it.

Databases suck. Database designers suck. Legacy schemas suck. We get to
make them work anyway. Fun, isn't it? :)

> Just for your information I tried quoting - but all I've got is:

You set quote_char but not name_sep.