[Dbix-class] What is a cascading update?

Mark Blythe list at markblythe.com
Wed May 17 20:08:26 CEST 2006

Hi ... While chasing down some strange behavior in my application last
night, I found myself in DBIx:::Class::Relationship::CascadeActions::update.
Cascading deletes I understand -- that's fairly common.  But an update?
While I was able to work around the issue I was having, it would be helpful
to understand what exactly a cascading update is.

In my case, it was being triggered when I updated a parent record in a
might_have relationship.  Is this intended to handle any columns in the
related table that may have been updated via a proxied accessor in the
parent class?