[Dbix-class] using $row->get_columns and/or $result_set->result_source->columns with proxied columns

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 21:38:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've seen quite a few messages on this list regarding
the use of proxied or added columns but I was hoping
someone could clarify a question for me.  If I add a
column to a schema using the proxy attribute like so:

__PACKAGE__->belongs_to(

  type_id => 'Window',
  { 'self.type_id => 'foreign.type_id},
  { proxy => [ qw/type_name/ ] },

);

in my schema modules  I have no trouble accessing it
using

  $row->type_name

but it doesn't seem to show up in "$row->get_columns"
or in "$result_set->result_source->columns".

Is there some way to get these proxied columns
programatically?  Or should the above work and I'm
just doing something wrong (likely :) ).

Thanks!

John