[Dbix-class] Using { count => 'me.list_id' } with AS hack from the FAQ

Jess Robinson castaway at desert-island.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 23:59:43 CEST 2006

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Kevin Old wrote:

> Ok, I have what I want working.  I'm doing this:
>
> The hack at http://search.cpan.org/~danieltwc/DBIx-Class-0.07002/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/FAQ.pod,
> said there was a way to append the AS clause to the sql statement, but
> I haven't been able to get it to work.
>
> This, of course doesn't work.  It fails from perl, but it's exactly
> what the POD docs say.
>
> select => [ 'theclass.classification_description', { count =>
> 'me.list_uid' }, \'as list_count', 'me.list_uid', 'toplist.market',
> 'theclass.classification_uid'],

Hi,

I wrote that FAQ entry.. Can you tell me how you got the idea that it
says/meant "append" the AS clause? Or at least give me ideas how to word
it so that people won't get that impression? I'm fairly sure thats not
what it says.. what you have done is exactly what was meant (though in
typnig it up you seem to have forgotten the backslash).

Jess