[Dbix-class] Problem with column_info_from_storage

Rolf Schaufelberger rs at plusw.de
Mon Oct 16 08:28:12 CEST 2006

Hi,
on my way from moving from CDBI to DBIx::Class I've updated to 0.7.002 and got
a problem with the functionality column_info_from_storage. I'm using table
inheritance in Postgres and for this I use the system column "tableoid". Now
when I try to insert somethin in this table I got  and error

Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/Class/ResultSource.pm line 204.

I could solve this by setting
__PACKAGE__->column_info_from_storage(0);

but before that I tried to set
__PACKAGE___->add_column( tableoid =>{ is_auto_increment => 1} );
or
__PACKAGE___->add_column( tableoid =>{ is_nullable => 1} );

and force it to "ignore" this column, but without success.
Now I would like to know what is this  column_info_from_storage
good for and why does the souce tell, it will be removed in 1.0 ?

Btw. the starting time for my app is now about 2 seconds with 58 tables which
is ,ehm, a bit slow ...

regards
Rolf Schaufelberger

rs at plusw.de