[Dbix-class] Use of ->resultset mandatory?

apv apv at sedition.com
Mon Oct 30 21:10:23 GMT 2006

Before anyone else responds with technical information, I'll say I had
exactly the same reaction and it is part of what took me a long time to
migrate to DBIC from CDBI. There are many, many gains from the
resultset oriented approach and once you get the hang of it there's
little to miss about CDBI (except in very simple set-ups that won't
grow).

DBIC apps are harder to set up and slightly more verbose but they
(generally) never back you into corners that create mountains of
spaghetti to get around.

-Ashley