[Dbix-class] Using DBIx::Class with HTML::Template - anyone doing it?

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:30:50 GMT 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use DBIx::Class with HTML::Template and I can't seem to
get it to work.

Here's how I'm calling DBIC and HTML::Template in my script:

my $tmpl = HTML::Template->new( filename => "single_stories.tmpl",
die_on_bad_params => 1);
my @stories = $schema->resultset('Stories')->search( { user_id => 1234 } )->all;

if ( $stories ) {
    $tmpl->param( stories => $stories );
    print $tmpl->output;
}

Here's my single_stories.tmpl:

<TMPL_IF NAME="stories">

<TMPL_LOOP NAME="stories">
 <TMPL_VAR NAME="story_id">
</TMPL_LOOP>

</TMPL_IF>

If I do this with my script, I'm able to get the data passed correctly
to HTML::Template:

if ($stories) {
    my @sts;
    while ( my $st = $stories->next ) {
        push @sts, { story_id => $st->story_id };
    }
    $tmpl->param( stories => \@sts );
    print $tmpl->output;
}

Basically, I make an array of anonymous hashes with the data in it.

Anyway to do this with DBIC without having to cycle build the AoH?

Thanks for any help,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old