[Dbix-class] Problem with DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader or

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Sep 2 20:24:54 CEST 2006

James Masters wrote:
> Just to give feedback on this, I have completely reinstalled Perl using
> IndigoPerl (installing all the modules for DBIx was a long winded
> business I can tell you).  And that didn't work so then I completely
> reinstalled Active State Perl.
>
> But now it's even worse - the DBIx Loader itself is now not working
> AND produces a whole load of these unreferenced scalar messages.  I've
> tried a variety of different tinkerings with different modules from
> active state and Winnipeg without success.  I haven't tried recompiling
> DBI with gcc because I'm not even sure what that means.  I looked up
> what gcc is but I thought Perl was an interpreted language so I can't
> see how I can compile the DBI module.

The DBI module has large chunks of C code in it that are accessed from perl
space so that DBDs can glue in C/C++ database client libraries.

If you grab bloodshed dev-c++, install that, add C:\dev-c++\bin or whatever
the path ends up being to your DOS PATH env, grab nmake from microsoft, unpack
it somewhere and add that to your PATH as well, CPAN.pm will be able to
compile the glue code stuff - including DBI.