[Dbix-class] can't get PK::Auto with MSSQL thru Sybase

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Sep 5 19:48:53 CEST 2006

Robert Dobbs wrote:
> Can't locate DBI object method "last_insert_rowid" via package
> "DBD::Sybase::db" at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm
> line 941.
>
> Is this relevant...?  From the DBD::Sybase manual under section "Using ?
> Placeholders & bind parameters to $sth->execute":
>
> "It is not possible to retrieve the last IDENTITY value after an insert done
> with ?-style placeholders. This is a Sybase limitation/bug, not a
> DBD::Sybase problem. "
>
> Ergh.  Anyone know a work-around for this?  I searched the list archives a
> bit but didn't find anything recent.
>
> Mark

Somewhat related to this:
  https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id!260

If the DBB being used or the DB doesn't support it, what should DBIC
really do?

Personally, I think failing is the only sane answer. I'd much rather
find out something isn't going to work that way, rather than 2 hours
later when the data is bogon.

That's assuming there isn't another way to fix this issue...