[Dbix-class] how do others connect with MSSQL?

Robert Dobbs bobisdobbs at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 19:37:50 CEST 2006

>Robert Dobbs wrote:
> > How do other people connect under Linux/Unix to a Microsoft SQL server?
>Do
> > you use ODBC, and if so which driver do you recommend?

It seems the solution to this whole problem is not to use DBD::Sybase, but
to use DBD::ODBC which is more mature now than the documentation says it is.
  Seems to be working okay so far.  I'll let you know how it goes, if there
are other things to put in there.  I may need to set the MSSQL module as the
storage type, and/or I may still need my own datetime inflators since our
dates seem to be returned as "Sep  1 2006 03:45PM" and not like the strftime
pattern in the current module.

For posterity, here are example entries from the files I needed to get
FreeTDS/ODBC/MS SQL Server 200* working.

;; /etc/odbc.ini or equiv
[mydb]
Driver      = FreeTDS
Description = my mssql db