[Dbix-class] Windows installation failure logs please

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Thu Sep 7 10:00:51 CEST 2006

Hi James,

It seems likely to me the problem is with ActiveState's Perl build,
particularly as Matt says it goes away by recompiling DBI with gcc, so it
would be worth raising another bug on their issues database and quoting the
different situations and versions it failed under. Or you could leave it and
when the DBI maintainers get round to reproducing it I expect they will
raise one themselves.

XS is C language + macros used to interface C libraries to perl. "perldoc
perlxs", "perldoc perlxstut". If a C routine or the chosen C compiler starts
writing to incorrect memory addresses you could get this sort of problem.

Regards, Peter

  _____