[Dbix-class] PK::Sequence

Jess Robinson castaway at desert-island.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 10:17:13 CEST 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Lee Standen wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've build PK::Sequence...apologies in advance, but i'm having issues getting
> this to work in the current SVN build for some reason...i'm probably doing
> something silly (again).  As a result, i'm going to include the PK::Sequence
> file, and the functions for Pg, since i've tested it as working.
>
> I'll include the DB2 and Oracle functions too, but I don't have a copy of
> Oracle to test it.  I kind of got the DB2 one to work, but I an into the SVN
> problems with it too :)

*snip actual code*

Hi Nom,

That looks pretty good to me. Can we also have please:

A test.. though I'm not quite sure how to test it on SQLite.. Maybe make
it skip unless it's being run on something that implements the seq_nextval
method?

A bit more docs on how the user can fetch/use seq_nextval for themselves,
since that seems to be the main purpose of using sequences.

Jess