[Dbix-class] can't get PK::Auto with MSSQL thru Sybase - fix?

Robert Dobbs bobisdobbs at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 7 21:25:32 CEST 2006

>From: "Brandon Black" <blblack at gmail.com>
>Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:49:17 -0500
>
>::DBI::Sybase::MSSQL handles the ? placeholder problem already.  The whole
>reason it exists is to solve your problem, as other have had this problem
>before, but ODBC/JDBC might be better alternatives for a whole host of
>other
>reasons, if you can figure out how to set them up correctly.

As per an earlier message from me:

>Ugh!  Yes, I tried that (to '::DBI::Sybase::MSSQL' and '::DBI::MSSQL') but
>then this happens on a 'create':
>
>ct_send(CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT) returned 0 at /usr/lib/perl5/DBD/Sybase.pm line
>124.
>Segmentation fault
>
>However, if I set it to '::DBI::Sybase' it works correctly to save!  I get
>back the ID.  Weird, since I am using MSSQL.

I see how the storage code is supposed to work, but I had hacked DBD::Sybase
to show me the SQL statement it was preparing an sth for.  It did work as
far as creating, and substituted correctly, but when I tried an
$obj->update, the SQL came through to DBD::Sybase with ? placeholders, so I
assumed it wouldn't ever work.

ODBC works fine.

Mark