[Dbix-class] RFC: DBIx::Class::JSON

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 20:03:19 CEST 2006

On 9/14/06, Dami Laurent (PJ) <laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch> wrote:
> Well, following all relationships automatically might lead you to
> dump the whole database ! So the programmer needs a way to specify
> which relationships should be followed, how deep the recursion will go,
> etc, but it's not obvious to design a simple yet powerful API for that.
> I tried to do it with methods 'expand', 'autoExpand' in DBIx::DataModel,
> but it needs further work to become more flexible.

It doesn't dump all relationships, it only dumps the ones you explicitely.

One existing issue is that, as it is, you can't specify arbitrary
dumping chains. You can only specify first-level relationships or
"nested" relationships which will always be followed (useful for
dumping tree like things, where one row might have another row as
parent and this parent row might have another parent row, etc).

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.