[Dbix-class] Storage::DBI::Replication

Norbert CSONGRADI bert at cpan.org
Fri Sep 15 13:19:40 CEST 2006

I created a branch for replication support in DBIC
(http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/trac/bast/browser/branches/DBIx-Class/replication).
The new Storage module (Storage::DBI::Replication) supports replicated data
sources: one master database and many slaves.

Please check it's documentation on details how to set up and use it.
We use it in production enviroment with MySQL. If you could test it with other
databases or could test transactions, please report me any success or
failure.

For me, currently the only missing feature is the handling of replication lag.
In non-DBIC enviroment, we added a flag to the database handler "urgent"
which forces using of the master database handle for any kind of operations
(both write and read) for the current session. Is it acceptable for DBIC in
your opinion?

More documentation, code cleanup, and tests are on the way...

--
   Norbert Csongradi