[Dbix-class] RFC: DBIx::Class::JSON

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 01:27:56 CEST 2006

On 9/19/06, J. Shirley <jshirley at gmail.com> wrote:
> How is it coming along with this?  I'd love to be a second set of
> eyes/hands on it.  Just holler at me if there is anything I can do to
> help.

Unfortunately, I've found myself time constrained this week. So I'm
still stuck to the previously posted DBIx::Class::JSON for internal
usage. I still don't have any clue regarding how to make everything
DWIM (e.g. DateTime objects as JS Date objects) and I'm actually
pondering dumping all this serializing code and making a
AJAX-DBIC-bridge-through-Catalyst sort of thing, which would suit my
needs a lot better but I don't know if it would be useful to others
(but it sure has a "coolness" factor in it). But it would mean a lot
more work to be done, while the idea Matt proposed shouldn't be hard
to implement.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.