[Dbix-class] howto extend dbix::class to automatically update second table

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 01:11:48 GMT 2007

Hello @all,

I would like to extend dbix::class in the following way:

When creating a new row in one of my tables I would like to automatically get
an entry in a second table.

More concrete:
Table 1 holds address data
Table 2 holds telephone numbers
Table 3 holds a GUID, a table name and a id

When a new row is created in table 1 or 2 I would like to get a new row in
table 3 with a new guid and the name of table 1/2 and the id of the newly
created row in table 1/2.

How and where do I have to extend DBIx::Class or create a new component?

Any hints and tips are welcome.

Greets,
Mario Minati