[Dbix-class] deploying schemas

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:52:54 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have created a class of DBIx::Class modules using the Catalyst helper
DBIC::Schema.
The created modules work well, but I have tried to deploy them into another
database without success.

For example, in a database table I have a date field, and DBIC::Schema
helper module exported it with the following parameter:

size => 10,

So when I have tried to deploy the module, it tried to create an SQL like
this:

  date DATE(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00',

...which is not correct and it gave errors.

It also tried to do things like:

  created datetime(19),
  time TIME(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  trimestru ENUM() NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

Is there another method to create the modules automaticly using DBIC::Schema
Catalyst helper or something else, or the only secure method is to edit the
modules manually?

Thank you.

Octavian