[Dbix-class] deploying schemas

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 06:26:46 GMT 2007

> We could work to improve this in the long term.  What would be most
> helpful would be specific examples of badly-roundtripped column
> definitions for a given vendor, and what they should have looked like
> in order to be correct.  Then we can get to figuring out whether each
> case is a question of Loader not interpreting the database correctly,
> a disagreement on column metadata standards, or ->deploy not writing
> it out correctly.
>
> In the short term, you're probably best off fixing it yourself by
> editing the files though, sorry.

Ok, thank you.

On the long term, you can consider the example I gave. I am using MySQL and
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader sets a "size => 10," parameter for the date,
time and datetime fields, but it shouldn't set it, or SQL::Translator should
not use that field for re-creating the SQL.

I have also seen that an enum field is not exported with its elements by
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader.

Octavian