[Dbix-class] TODO lists for the current branch?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 19:52:09 GMT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Guillermo Roditi <groditi at gmail.com>
To: dbix-class at lists.rawmode.org
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:46:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Dbix-class] TODO lists for the current branch?

what are the collapse / prefetch changes?

is there docs / change log entries / etc explaining this?

====
There is a branch at the version repository called "collapse_result_rewrite" that mst owns, so I'm assuming that's a branch for this code mentioned.  However I'm not good enough to figure it out by looking at the code so hopefully someone else will clarify (or we can wait til it's done and then enjoy whatever goodness it brings.
====

-groditi

On 4/24/07, Jess Robinson <
castaway at desert-island.me.uk> wrote:

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Since my day job is currently blocking IRC I haven't had a chance to follow the developers channel so I was wondering if there was a list of outstanding things for the current branch that needed doing?  I have some spare time and could pitch in for some tasks.  Just curious since there hasn't seemed to be a lot of discussion about this on the mailing list.

It's mostly waiting on mst's collapse/prefetch changes, iirc.

I could do with some help writing test cases in bulk_create though :)

====
I'd be happy to help write some test cases since this is something my ability level can handle but I can't seem to find a method called 'bulk_create' anywhere in -current. I'm assuming that you are developing this in the branch called bulk_create but please let me know and I'll see if I can assist meaningfully.
====

> BTW, is there an archive of the IRC channel someplace (ideally searchable)?

I don't think so..

Jess

====
Totally offtopic but when I wrote tests for my patches to add parameter binding to ->_execute I just called the tests 'bindtype_columns.t' since it made sense to me but I can see there is a numbering system for these.  Is there any librarian for these numbers or should I just rename the tests to the next available one in order to be compliant?  Does anyone know?

--John
====

Wiki: http://dbix-class.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class