[Dbix-class] Startup speed

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Aug 17 13:27:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a project that has about 75  tables (when we finish I
expect them to be in the 120-something). Running:

time perl -MSchema -e 1

gives:

real    0m19.851s
user    0m18.674s
sys     0m0.195s

For production, given that restarts are not common, this is
acceptable. For development, this is a pain.

I'm using latest DBIC, Class::C3 and C:C3::XS.

I'm considering using bleadperl for most developments to take
advantage of the even greater speedups, but then I have to do a round
of testing with the production perl.

Apart from those, is there any secret formula to speed up the startup
time?

Thanks in advance,
--
Pedro Melo