[Dbix-class] [newbie]How to call stored procedure?(doc already read)

Tony Winslow tonywinslow1986 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 15:23:44 GMT 2007

Jason Kohles wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Jason Kohles wrote:
>
>> On Dec 28, 2007, at 3:59 AM, Tony Winslow wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all!
>>>
>>> I've stored procedures defined in my database schema, and I need to
>>> call them in my code.
>>> The arbitrary-sql approach won't help since it writes sql statements
>>> in source code to act as stored procedures. So could I do that in DBIx?
>>>

>> From DBIx::Class::Manual::Cookbook:
>>
> Also from DBIx::Class::Manual::Cookbook:
>
>       Using database functions or stored procedures
>
>        The combination of "select" and "as" can be used to return the
> result
>        of a database function or stored procedure as a column value.
> You use
>        "select" to specify the source for your column value (e.g. a
> column
>        name, function, or stored procedure name).

I'm confused of it. The whole paragraph!
eg: I've a procedure called proc1 which has one output parameter.
So in the MySQL client env. I have to call it sth. like:
    CALL proc1(@a);
    SELECT @a;

And in programs, I think it is sth. more like this:
    execute('CALL proc1(?)');
    my $result = get_column(1);

The problem now is I don't know how to do it under the DBIx-Class env.
My Env: Catalyst/TT, DBIx-Class/MySQL