[Dbix-class] Write only + No-read/retrieve on a column

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Sat Dec 29 07:31:02 GMT 2007

I'm working with images and rich media where I am saving the file in
the file tree and in the DB (to be able to regenerate things and make
the DB the canonical version of the data; though I'm not entirely
sold on doing it this way).

I want to be able to write the LONGBLOB when the record is created
but not to retrieve it in regular business operations.

What do you think? Two classes for the table? One for admin functions
which has the LONGBLOB in it and one for the web app (Catalyst) which
doesn't?

Is there a better trick for this kind of thing?

Thanks!
-Ashley