[Dbix-class] Re: Help me understand and fix this Postgresql bytea error?

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 31 14:30:32 GMT 2007

>> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 93
>> LINE 4:   "arg" bytea(16777215),

John Napiorkowski:
> If you set the data_type attribute in your columns
> definition, to 'btyea' everything should just work as
> expected.  If not, please give me a shout.

Hi John, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I follow. The line in question is within a
CREATE TABLE statement:

CREATE TABLE "job" (
  "jobid" bigserial NOT NULL,
  "funcid" bigint NOT NULL,
  "arg" bytea (16777215),

Unless I'm missing something (probably something really
obvious, I'm sure) line 4 _is_ trying to set the bytea
data_type attribute. Is there something else I need
to do here?

In the interest of full disclosure, the original mysql
statement is:

CREATE TABLE job (
  jobid   BIGINT UNSIGNED PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  funcid  INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  arg     MEDIUMBLOB,

/dennis