[Dbix-class] Can't get delete overloaded

Eduard Giménez egimenez at capside.com
Tue Jul 3 18:31:11 GMT 2007

Hello, I've developed a small component that overloads the delete function
to protect against deleting a referred row.

On the scheme objects I'm using it like that:

__PACKAGE__->load_components(qw/ProtectRelationships PK::Auto Core/);
__PACKAGE__->protect_relationship("my_relationship");

On the recordsets when I call delete_all it uses the
ProtectRelationships::delete as expected, but if I call directly delete the
DBIx::Class:ResultSet::delete will be used.

I've been working and searching why it behaves this way, but I didnt' get a
clue.

Please, does anybody have a pointer to some
documentation/code/example/whatever which can help me?

I've read almost all DBIx::Class::Manual and many of the built-in
components, and some third-party ones, but to me it seems that my component
is ok (and of course, it is not :)).

Thank you

Eduard Giménez
CAPSiDE