[Dbix-class] Re: SELECT .. FOR ... (and other db-specific clauses).

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jul 5 08:44:02 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 02:45:23PM +0900, Daisuke Maki wrote:
> good to know that you're aware of these problems. thanks.
>
> I guess I'll just locally patch my DBIC for now.
> I only use Pg, so it does the job for me.

If you can redo the patch so it adds the feature via an SQLA subclass ala
the way the Oracle WhereJoins subclass works, I'd be willing to accept it
for the moment.

The thing I disliked is that you were putting SQL in storage.

> meanwhile, is the SQL::Abstract discussion carried on elsewhere? I'd
> love to at least poke around see what I can contribute.

I'm going to get the ball rolling on this list soon - don't see the point
in starting another one, we've got a load of ORM authors and interested
people on here already :)