[Dbix-class] Overriding create(), txn_do, and 'No next::method' from Class::C3

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Tue Jul 10 20:55:42 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to override create() on a ResultSet subclass. Inside I
defined a create() method.

The simplest create I could find that triggers the error is this:

package S::BaseResultSet;

use strict;
use base qw( DBIx::Class::ResultSet );
use Class::C3;

sub create {
   my $self = shift;

   $self->result_source->schema->txn_do( sub {

      # do something here about logging

      $new_record = $self->next::method($values);
   });

   return $new_record;
}

The problem is that the next::method inside the closure will search
for the next method of the txn_do and not of the create call().

Any tips on how to go about this? For now, I replaced the txn_do with
txn_begin/commit/rollback, but my quick hack is not as good as the
txn_do inside DBIC::Storage::DBI...

Thanks in advance,
--
Pedro Melo