[Dbix-class] Overriding create(), txn_do, and 'No next::method' from Class::C3

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jul 11 14:07:06 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:55:42PM +0100, Pedro Melo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to override create() on a ResultSet subclass. Inside I
> defined a create() method.

Never override create.

It's always just a piece of syntactic sugar that does a new() followed by
calling insert() on the newly created object, and the internals happily ignore
it as such in a lot of cases.

You should always override either the ResultSet new_result() method or new()
or insert() on the result class.