[Dbix-class] transaction depth not reset in 0.08003

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:11:47 GMT 2007

On 7/18/07, Richard Jolly <Richard.Jolly at bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've just been trying upgrading to 0.08003 from 0.07000. Mostly fine,
> but one problem with transactions. If a transaction fails the
> transaction depth is not reset. The end result is that if you have two
> failing transactions in a row, the second is actually not in a
> transaction.

Someone mentioned this on irc the other day too.  I've made a little
bit of headway, in that the source of the problem seems to be that
$dbh->{AutoCommit} seems to have the wrong value.  I haven't figured
out why yet, but if you put in some debugging (print STDERR)
statements in Storage::DBI in the txn_* funcs, you can see
$dbh->{AutoCommit} being false when it should be true...

-- Brandon