[Dbix-class] ANNOUNCE - Muldis::DB v0.2.0 released

Sat Jul 21 07:57:49 GMT 2007

All,

I am pleased to announce the release of Muldis::DB version 0.2.0 for
Perl 5 on CPAN.  You can see it now, with nicely HTMLized
documentation, at:

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Muldis-DB/

This is a semi-major release, though I am not announcing it too
widely, but just to the Muldis-DB and TTM and DBIx-Class lists
(others can just notice it on CPAN).

The main reason I am bringing this release to your attention is that
it is the first one where the documentation has significantly fleshed
out what the system-defined operators of Muldis D are.

In particular, it is the first release to define a significant
fraction of relational algebra or calculus operators, which are
absolutely necessary to work with relational databases and/or to
substitute for SQL.

See
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Muldis-DB/lib/Muldis/DB/Language/Core.pod
specifically to read about the operators, and the data types they
apply to.

This release, and the prior one, saw various other significant
changes, including renamed and split up files, but no significant
additions of functionality to the code itself (which should be coming
soon).

See the "Changes" file for more details of what changed in the last
few releases.

Generally speaking, I am trying to have a new release about once
every week, so today's shows my progress part-way through defining
the Muldis D operators and defining the system catalog / meta-model.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan