[Dbix-class] ANNOUNCE - Language::MuldisD, Muldis::DB v0.3.0 released

Wed Jul 25 00:51:10 GMT 2007

All,

Since last week, I went ahead and separated, into its own GIT
repository and distribution series, the collection of pod-only files
that comprise the Muldis D language specification; from now on, to
see the development of the language spec itself, go to:

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Language-MuldisD/

... and to see my main Perl 5 implementation of that language, Muldis
DB, you still go to:

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Muldis-DB/

... as you did before.

Today I have released distros of the versions 0.3.0 of both projects
on CPAN (then followed by a 0.3.1 for the language spec to fix a big
CPAN indexing bug), and these are visible now.

There weren't any non-minor updates besides the split, since 0.2.0.

Note that the split was done in a relatively rough manner, and the
parts will stand to get cleaned up in the near future.

In the future, there may very well be a good 4 separate
implementations or manifestations of the language (by contrast, there
are 2 right now), so it makes more and more sense for the spec to be
separate from each of them, and for it to be updated and published on
separate schedules, such as the Perl 6 Synopsis and the Pugs and
Parrot et al projects are separate.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan