[Dbix-class] Character set help

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jul 31 20:41:57 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 02:52:09PM -0700, Michael Higgins wrote:
> Folks --
>
> Problem is going from microsoft SQL server via Freetds/unixODBC. FEX, TSQL shell shows correct data encoding in query results.
>
> But with DBIx::Class, a '?' is coming across, killing the app.
>
> Where do I try to find the problem? First, I determined issue is not with Freetds. Must be in DBIC? How do I tweak the setting to get the right encoded data?

How do you know it's not in FreeTDS?

What does a standalone DBD::Sybase+FreeTDS test script show you?

What encoding is the data originally in?

Can you show us the CREATE TABLE statement and the corresponding DBIC class?

C'mon dude, so far your question is only one step removed from "how long is
a piece of string", help us out here :)

http://chainsawblues.vox.com/                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/