[Dbix-class] Ad-hoc LEFT OUTER JOIN - possible ?

Joss Shaw jossblowing at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 17:58:12 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I've got this snippet of SQL which I'm trying desperately to convert to DBIx::Class.

        SELECT stuff
        FROM Timetable ttb
                        LEFT OUTER JOIN Person prs ON
                                (addr.UNIQUE_ID = prs.UNIQUE_ID AND
                                    (
                                      (addr.availableFrom <= prs.availableTo AND addr.availableTo >= prs.publishedFrom
                                    )
      etc., etc

Basically there is a table between this Timetable <-> Person "relationship", which is where I am having problems in doing a Timetable->search( { conditions } );

Timetable:
availableTo
availableFrom
UNIQUE_ID

Owner:
UNIQUE_ID

Person:
availableTo

availableFrom
UNIQUE_ID

A lot of other stuff is going on here which is why the relationships seem a little stupid but... I guess it's a MANY-to-MANY between Addressing and Timetable.  Ive got no idea how i can actually write a dbixc search command to perform this kind of join... is it even possible ? Anything gratefully received

best,

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/