[Dbix-class] Optional Prereqs in 0.08

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:05:10 GMT 2007

On 6/18/07, Christopher H. Laco <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote:
> Can/should we make this in as an optional prereq in Makefile.PL so it's
> a little more obvious up front there is a version requirement going on
> behind the scenes?

I brought this up during the RC cycle.  Personally I'd prefer M::I
"feature" things for these optional deps (there's a number of them
really, especially when you get into DBI/DBD, DateTime::Format::*,
etc), but it was a conscious decision that we didn't do so, although I
don't remember the reasoning (probably not having interactive prompts
interrupt batched CPAN installs, etc).  Along those lines, check out
Schema::Loader's Makefile.PL.  It was my first attempt (not modular or
re-usable, but could be) at offering both interactive options, and a
way via env vars to disable prompting and/or set defaults.

http://search.cpan.org/src/BLBLACK/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.04000/Makefile.PL

-- Brandon