[Dbix-class] Extending 'find' to include constant value for search query

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Fri Jun 22 01:04:49 GMT 2007

Good morning,

On 22/6/07 at 8:37 AM +0930, Jon Schutz <jon+dbix at youramigo.com> wrote:

>>  So, first my question is, what is the best way to extend
>>find so  that I can restrict records using an additional
>>(constant) value  in the query? And if I should just override
>>'find', where do I  put my 'find' method?
>
>find is a ResultSet method; you need to create a ResultSet class that
>inherits from DBIx::Class::ResultSet, put your find in there (and
>probably search_rs too), and direct your schema to use that class by
>adding
>__PACKAGE__->resultset_class(...)
>
>into your schema (table declaration) class.

I found a similar explanation in the cookbook, but didn't think
that applied in this case (not sure why). Now that you've
clarified it, it makes perfect sense. I'll give that a go now.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt