[Dbix-class] Class::Storage::DBI, connect_info/on_connect_do

John Goulah jgoulah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:30:24 GMT 2007

On 6/22/07, Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 05:56:57PM -0400, John Goulah wrote:
> >    On 6/21/07, Adam Bartosik <[1]adam.bartosik at hurra.com> wrote:
> >
> >      > I would recommend for now explicitly setting
> "mysql_auto_reconnect =3D>
> >      > 0" in your connect_info options hashref and seeing if this clears
> up
> >      > your problem.
> >
> >      Yes, setting
> >      mysql_auto_reconnect =3D> 0
> >      disables internal DBD handling of auto-reconnect and on_connect_do
> SQLs
> >      works.
> >
> >    I tried this setting and actually it prevented me from connecting at
> all.  I tried it out since I plan
> >    to run under mod_perl.   This is more of an FYI thing, but if anyone
> has ideas on why this would happen
> >    I'd love to hear it-
>
> It's hard to help without seeing the error message and, ideally, a small
> test case.
>
> Tim.

Actually, sorry, this appears to be more of a Catalyst config issue (and
obviously this is the wrong list).

If i define my settings with  "__PACKAGE__->config"  everything is fine.

If I use a yaml file , like:

 Model::MyDB:
     schema_class: My::Schema
     connect_info:
          - 'dbi:mysql:dbname=3Dmydb'
          - 'user'
          - 'pass'
          - AutoCommit: 1
          - mysql_auto_reconnect: 0

I have to comment out either AutoCommit or mysql_auto_reconnect  for it to
work, so obviously I'm setting this up wrong when it comes to these
options.  Again I know this is the wrong list, so perhaps I'll go back to
the Catalyst list if no one has a quick answer.

Thanks,
John